Well, since I told you that I want to be a foodie, I thought maybe I should start a list of the places that I’d like to visit in the near future. This list should contain the best of Kansas City and/or the most interesting. Basically, these should be the places that you must try when living in or visiting KC. Most of these have come from recommendations from friends, but I want to hear from you my reader(s?). Where should I try and why? You can use the comments section below and I will add them to my list.
These are presented in alphabetical order. I will mark them in red once I have made my visit.
- Avenues Bistro – I did visit the Leawood location, but have yet to visit the original in Brookside.
- Beer Kitchen
- Blanc Burgers + Bottles – I haven’t done a review, but I did enjoy my first meal here.
- Bluebird Bistro
- Bluestem – I actually purchased a Groupon for a 5-course meal here, so I’m looking forward to trying this soon.
- Extra Virgin – Another Michael Smith creation
- Jack Stack Barbecue – I have been to at least one or two of the locations, but haven’t reviewed it.
- Julian – I was able to enjoy dinner here in September and even got a picture with Chef Celina Tio.
- Justus Drugstore – I had an amazing meal here in August, the same night that Chef Curtis Stone dined here.
- McCormick & Schmick’s – I don’t generally review chain restaurants where I eat, but I recently ate here and enjoyed it immensely.
- Michael Smith
- The American
- The Test Kitchen – Not technically a restaurant